Year in Review - 2015
In addition, on January 19, 2016, we closed our first transaction for the new year. We represented Really Good Stuff, a multi-channel marketer of classroom products and teaching tools in its sale to Excelligence Learning Corporation, a portfolio company of Brentwood Associates, a consumer focused PE firm. Details to follow soon.
We continue to advise companies, management teams, families and boards as they consider both strategic transactions and capital formation initiatives. Currently, we have a number of active engagements, including:
· Digital Media: Representing a private equity-backed social media technology company focused on small and medium size businesses in its sale (expected closing 1Q16)
· Aerospace Components: Representing a NYSE traded industrial company on its strategic acquisition of a specialized aerospace and defense component manufacturer (expected closing 1Q16)
· Technology Products: Advising a growing technology hardware provider on the potential recapitalization of the business (expected closing 2Q16)
· Data Network Communication Equipment: Advising a growing data network communication equipment manufacturer for the surveillance and transportation markets in exploring a sale of the business. (expected closing 2Q16)
In addition, there are a number of other exciting mandates in our pipeline
that we anticipate to bring to the market in the near future.
· Niche Manufacturing: Advising a multi-generation family-owned manufacturing company on its first significant strategic acquisition.
· Closed Door Pharmacy: Working with a large family owned closed door and
specialty pharmacy company in exploring the sale of the business.
Award Winning Year:
Carter Morse & Mathias continues to be recognized by our peers, having won the 2015 Media & Entertainment Deal of the Year for our work with Tantor
Media. This is the second consecutive year that CMM has received a Deal of the Year from the ACG Champions Awards.
Outlook for 2016
CMM is cautiously optimistic about the M&A markets heading into 2016. While increased volatility in the public markets, slowing growth expectations in China, and continued turmoil in the middle east threaten to cause a decline in the middle market M&A from the currently historically elevated levels, structural drivers point toward a continued active M&A market in 2016. Valuations remain high for middle market companies driven by growing cash levels on both PE and corporate balance sheets, debt availability and the increasing emphasis on acquisitions by larger corporations.
Our team is ready to help you or your clients with your investment banking needs. Please do not hesitate to contact any one of us to arrange a conversation about transaction planning, timing or the markets in general.
About Carter Morse & Mathias:
Founded in 1987, Carter Morse & Mathias is a boutique investment bank specializing in advising privately held middle market companies. CMM provides a full range of investment banking services: business sales and divestitures, equity and debt capital raises, acquisition services, and pre-transaction and strategic advisory services. Time and time again, our strategic guidance and seamless transaction execution has proven crucial for clients, many of whom we represent in their once-in-a-lifetime transaction. For nearly 30 years, CMM's combination of hands-on Managing Director involvement and extensive network of domestic and international resources has enabled us to help hundreds of business owners plan, execute, and close transactions that maximize shareholder value.
CMM's Broker/Dealer affiliate, Carter Capital Corporation, is a FINRA member firm registered with the SEC and SIPC. CMM is also a charter member of AICA, an international network of M&A professionals in over 20 countries across
the Americas, Europe, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.